Support the Sherwood Park Highland Gathering and have a chance to win up to $10,000.00
Important Dates & Times
07:00 PMMay 08, 2021MDTDraw date
We are a diverse group of volunteers who love Celtic traditions and are looking to fill a need in the community for an annual highland gathering. Our objective is:
“to promote closer ties in the community through the use of Celtic music, dance, and traditions; to foster and promote community and create a family friendly event for all to enjoy.”
The Highland Gathering is an outdoor event held at Broadmoor Lake in the heart of Sherwood Park ensuring easy access for all. The event consists of piping and drumming competitions, massed band performances, highland dance competitions, and Scottish heavy games. There will also be children’s activities, food trucks, local craft beer gardens, community market, and a family Ceilidh.
- Raffle tickets are available for purchase online only and shall not be sold to a person under the age of 18 years. Should the name of a minor be placed on the winning ticket, the prize(s) will not be awarded until the conditions of the Public Trustee Act are met.
- Draw will take place on the property of 91 Lambert Crescent, St. Albert, Alberta. All ticket stubs will be placed into a rotating drum and one ticket will be drawn for each prize and the winner’s information recorded.
- To be eligible for the raffle draw, payment must be received on or before May 08, 2021.
- Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded.
- Winner(s) will be notified by phone within 7 days of being drawn. If a winner cannot be located by phone, they will be notified by registered mail within 30 days of the winning ticket being drawn.
- If a winner cannot be located within 365 days of the winning ticket being drawn, an application will be made to Alberta Gaming Liquor and Cannabis Commission to have the prize awarded to Strathcona Highland Society.
- All ticket sales are final. Official tickets are sent in the mail 4 to 6 weeks after the ticket order.
- Winner(s) name(s) will be made available to the public no later than 48 hours after the final draw by website or upon request.
- The draw(s) will occur on May 09, 2021.
- In the event a winning ticket stub has more than one name on it, the prize shall be awarded to only one of the individuals identified on the ticket. Strathcona Highland Society and the Alberta Gaming Liquor and Cannabis Commission are not responsible for any disputes which may arise between the different individuals whose names appear on the ticket stub.
- If less than 50% of tickets are sold as of May 08, 2021, a draw date extension may be requested from Alberta Gaming Liquor and Cannabis Commission.