Our Special Olympics Alberta 50/50 cash raffle fundraiser for the month of November will support our Zone 4 affiliates and community programs in Red Deer, Wetaskiwin and Lacombe.
Through Special Olympics, athletes develop sport skills, social skills and self-esteem, which assist them in becoming actively involved in recreational, educational and employment opportunities in their local affiliates across the province.
The funds raised by this month’s 50/50 raffle will help cover program costs for the 329 athletes who participate in Zone 4 programs like 5-pin bowling, 10-pin bowling, athletics, basketball, bocce, curling, floor hockey, golf, soccer, powerlifting, rhythmic gymnastics, softball, speed skating, and swimming.
Thank you for making a difference in the lives of athletes with intellectual disabilities across Zone 4!
Important Dates & Times
01:00 PMNovember 30, 2020MDTDraw date
Special Olympics Alberta (SOA) is an accredited chapter of Special Olympics Canada. Through Special Olympics, athletes develop sport skills, social skills and self-esteem, which assist them in becoming actively involved in recreational, educational and employment opportunities in their local affiliates across the province.
- Raffle tickets are available for purchase online only and shall not be sold to a person under the age of 18 years. Should the name of a minor be placed on the winning ticket, the prize(s) will not be awarded until the conditions of the Public Trustee Act are met.
- Draw will take place on the property of 12122 68 St NW, Edmonton, Alberta. All ticket stubs will be placed into a rotating drum and one ticket will be drawn for each prize and the winner’s information recorded.
- To be eligible for the raffle draw, payment must be received on or before November 28, 2020.
- Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded.
- Winner(s) will be notified by phone within 7 days of being drawn. If a winner cannot be located by phone, they will be notified by registered mail within 30 days of the winning ticket being drawn.
- If a winner cannot be located within 365 days of the winning ticket being drawn, an application will be made to Alberta Gaming Liquor and Cannabis Commission to have the prize awarded to Special Olympics Alberta Association.
- All ticket sales are final. Official tickets are sent in the mail 4 to 6 weeks after the ticket order.
- Winner(s) name(s) will be made available to the public no later than 48 hours after the final draw by website or upon request.
- The draw(s) will occur on November 30, 2020.
- In the event a winning ticket stub has more than one name on it, the prize shall be awarded to only one of the individuals identified on the ticket. Special Olympics Alberta Association and the Alberta Gaming Liquor and Cannabis Commission are not responsible for any disputes which may arise between the different individuals whose names appear on the ticket stub.
- If less than 50% of tickets are sold as of November 28, 2020, a draw date extension may be requested from Alberta Gaming Liquor and Cannabis Commission.