Special Olympics Alberta - Calgary has been providing sport programs to individuals with an intellectual disability in Calgary for over 39 years. The programs enrich their lives and help them develop skills not just in sport, but in their everyday life.
The COVID pandemic has drastically affected our organization, the programs we offer and our fundraising to continue to provide our members with ways to stay connected together, and engaged in their physical and mental well being.
We know these hard times have affected us all, but if you are able to support the Special Olympics movement, we would thank you for doing so. The funds raised will go towards our programming.
Thank you for being part of making a difference in the lives of our athletes.
Important Dates & Times
12:00 AMFebruary 28, 2021MDTTicket Sales end
01:00 PMMarch 03, 2021MDTDraw date
Special Olympics Alberta (SOA) is an accredited chapter of Special Olympics Canada. Through Special Olympics, athletes develop sport skills, social skills and self-esteem, which assist them in becoming actively involved in recreational, educational and employment opportunities in their local affiliates across the province.
- Raffle tickets are available for purchase online only and shall not be sold to a person under the age of 18 years. Should the name of a minor be placed on the winning ticket, the prize(s) will not be awarded until the conditions of the Public Trustee Act are met.
- Draw will take place on the property of Tuxedo Source Sports - 2520 Centre St North, Calgary, Alberta. All ticket stubs will be placed into a rotating drum and one ticket will be drawn for each prize and the winner’s information recorded.
- To be eligible for the raffle draw, payment must be received on or before February 28, 2021.
- Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded.
- Winner(s) will be notified by phone within 7 days of being drawn. If a winner cannot be located by phone, they will be notified by registered mail within 30 days of the winning ticket being drawn.
- If a winner cannot be located within 365 days of the winning ticket being drawn, an application will be made to Alberta Gaming Liquor and Cannabis Commission to have the prize awarded to Special Olympics Alberta Association.
- All ticket sales are final. Official tickets are sent in the mail 4 to 6 weeks after the ticket order.
- Winner(s) name(s) will be made available to the public no later than 48 hours after the final draw by website or upon request.
- The draw(s) will occur on March 03, 2021.
- In the event a winning ticket stub has more than one name on it, the prize shall be awarded to only one of the individuals identified on the ticket. Special Olympics Alberta Association and the Alberta Gaming Liquor and Cannabis Commission are not responsible for any disputes which may arise between the different individuals whose names appear on the ticket stub.
- If less than 50% of tickets are sold as of February 28, 2021, a draw date extension may be requested from Alberta Gaming Liquor and Cannabis Commission.