Fundraising for the delivery of the following programs- Filipino Language & Culture School, Rondalla ( String Orchestra ), Ambassadors’ Educational/Musical Travel Out of Canada; and operating expenses for the association.
Important Dates & Times
03:00 PMDecember 06, 2020MDTDraw date
SARANAY is a Filipino maxim, which means "to help and to serve others". Our association welcomes all nationalities, not only Filipinos, who share deeply rooted values of caring, and compassion for our fellowmen. Over the past 40 years, Saranay has brought benefits to Filipinos and their families, including youth, adult, and senior population through the following activities/events: Saranay Scholarship on the Studies of Southeast Asia at the University of Alberta; Philippine Educational Endowment with Grant MacEwan University; Filipino Language and Culture School of Edmonton - Filipino Language & Culture from Grades 4 to 12, accredited by Alberta Education; Youth and Senior's Sports Tournament; Saranay Performing Arts Group - Rondalla (indigenous string ensemble) and Choral for the youths, adults, and seniors; Casino Fund Raising; Provincial, National, International Musical and Educational Tour and Ambassadorship Trips to the Philippines, USA, and Europe; Professional and Educational Development for Teachers; Edmonton Filipino Fiesta; Edmonton Heritage Festival; Kaleido Festival; Member of CEFA, Congress of the Philippine-Associations of Alberta, Changing Together, Edmonton Chamber of Commerce, and International & Heritage Languages Association; Youth/Adult/Seniors Workshops on Conflict Resolution; Relief Program for victims of natural disasters; Fund raising concert for World Youth Day in Krakow, Poland; Cob's BBQ Fundraisers; and Educational/Computer/Medical equipments Contributions to the Philippines. In 2012, the association has launched a fund-raising campaign soliciting support from individuals, public, and private business donors and corporations through the Power of Dance (a dance competition event) under the sponsorship of 3J Variety Store (Lixmila Serrano). The goal is to raise $25,000 to send books, clothes, computers, medical supplies to indigenous families in La Union and Baguio City. In addition, Saranay has sponsored a Karaoke Fundraising Event hosted by K-soda Dance Crew to support the flood victims of Brgy. Caingin, Sta. Rosa, Laguna. Fundraising is on going for the sustainability of the above activities. The Filipino-Canadian Saranay Association has proven its ability to build capacity and sustainability in the areas of volunteerism, education, music and performing arts through youth and adult programs. Over the course of Saranay’s history, the association have provided outstanding entertainment to many audiences locally and internationally. For four decades, Saranay has committed not only to preserving the Filipino culture. Our Mission is to help and to serve Filipinos in Edmonton and surrounding communities to reach their potential in order to become better citizens of Canada.
- Raffle tickets are available for purchase online only and shall not be sold to a person under the age of 18 years. Should the name of a minor be placed on the winning ticket, the prize(s) will not be awarded until the conditions of the Public Trustee Act are met.
- Draw will take place on the property of 9538-107 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta. All ticket stubs will be placed into a rotating drum and one ticket will be drawn for each prize and the winner’s information recorded.
- To be eligible for the raffle draw, payment must be received on or before November 30, 2020.
- Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded.
- Winner(s) will be notified by phone within 7 days of being drawn. If a winner cannot be located by phone, they will be notified by registered mail within 30 days of the winning ticket being drawn.
- If a winner cannot be located within 365 days of the winning ticket being drawn, an application will be made to Alberta Gaming Liquor and Cannabis Commission to have the prize awarded to Filipino Canadian Saranay Association of Alberta.
- All ticket sales are final. Official tickets are sent in the mail 4 to 6 weeks after the ticket order.
- Winner(s) name(s) will be made available to the public no later than 48 hours after the final draw by website or upon request.
- The draw(s) will occur on December 06, 2020.
- In the event a winning ticket stub has more than one name on it, the prize shall be awarded to only one of the individuals identified on the ticket. Filipino Canadian Saranay Association of Alberta and the Alberta Gaming Liquor and Cannabis Commission are not responsible for any disputes which may arise between the different individuals whose names appear on the ticket stub.
- If less than 50% of tickets are sold as of November 30, 2020, a draw date extension may be requested from Alberta Gaming Liquor and Cannabis Commission.