Help Drive Happiness continue to give the gift of mobility this holiday season! Drive Happiness subsidizes $28 per ride taken using our Seniors Assisted Transportation program in order to keep the costs low for older adults that use this service. Every ticket sold helps us continue to provide transportation to get seniors where they need to go, whether that be medical appointments, to the grocery store, or to visit friends and family.
Important Dates & Times
10:30 AMFebruary 28, 2020MDTDraw date
Drive Happiness is a non-profit organization that provides assisted transportation services to older adults through the help of volunteer drivers. Our mission is to assist seniors in remaining independent in their own homes for as long as possible. The Seniors Assisted Transportation program allows seniors access to a safe, reliable, and accommodating transportation service that can help them to attend medical appointments, get groceries, participate in recreational programming, or even visit friends and family. Mobility is about more than simply getting from point A to B. It is about dignity, freedom, and being in control of your lifestyle. With Drive Happiness, seniors are able to keep their independence and remain active and engaged in their communities. To keep this service accessible to all income levels Drive Happiness subsidizes a large portion of the ride costs. Each trip that is taken by one of our riders costs $30. Seniors pay $10 for a ticket and volunteers are reimbursed $8, leaving Drive Happiness to subsidize $28 of the cost. Last year Drive Happiness and our volunteers were able to provide 20,000 rides and are on set to surpass that for 2019.
- Raffle tickets are available for purchase online only and shall not be sold to a person under the age of 18 years. Should the name of a minor be placed on the winning ticket, the prize(s) will not be awarded until the conditions of the Public Trustee Act are met.
- Draw will take place on the property of 9916 45th Ave NW, Edmonton, Alberta. All ticket stubs will be placed into a rotating drum and one ticket will be drawn for each prize and the winner’s information recorded.
- To be eligible for the raffle draw, payment must be received on or before February 26, 2020.
- Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded.
- Winner(s) will be notified by phone within 7 days of being drawn. If a winner cannot be located by phone, they will be notified by registered mail within 30 days of the winning ticket being drawn.
- If a winner cannot be located within 365 days of the winning ticket being drawn, an application will be made to AGLC to have the prize awarded to Drive Happiness.
- All ticket sales are final. Official tickets are sent in the mail 4 to 6 weeks after the ticket order.
- Winner(s) name(s) will be made available to the public no later than 48 hours after the final draw by website or upon request.
- The draw(s) will occur on February 28, 2020.
- In the event a winning ticket stub has more than one name on it, the prize shall be awarded to only one of the individuals identified on the ticket. Drive Happiness and the AGLC are not responsible for any disputes which may arise between the different individuals whose names appear on the ticket stub.
- If less than 50% of tickets are sold as of February 26, 2020, a draw date extension may be requested from AGLC.
Winning Ticket - B-GRIX-40710284
Congratulations to Patricia Suitor, the winner of our 50/50! Thank you to everyone who participated in our 50/50, the funds raised will help us continue getting seniors where they need to go!