It's Kitten Season!
Which isn't actually a good thing.... We recieve numerous requests to help every day and we can't keep up. The hardest thing in rescue is having to say no.
We currently have two pregnant feral mamas in care and are assisting a hoarding situation where we've pulled out 30 cats and kittens
The best way to combat the cat overpopulation in Edmonton is spaying and neutering. Our partner vets provide us with a very generous rescue discount and top-notch care, but they cannot do this for free.
Please help us help YEG's community cats by purchasing 50/50 tickets - you could walk away with up to $10,000!!
Thank you for your support!
Important Dates & Times
06:00 PMAugust 24, 2021MDTDraw date
Founded in 2019, our group began when the City of Edmonton’s Animal Care & Control Centre decided to change its intake policy to a scheduled system that only accepts a narrow subset of cats. Our group posed a BIG question: what will happen to all of the other stray, feral & community cats?
The answer has been harrowing. Most of these animals will not survive our cold & distressing climate – these animals are not self sufficient. And unfortunately with a limited intake model and no TNR (trap-neuter-return) program in place to humanely manage the population, our city continues to see the stray & feral cat population explode.
These cats need help. The kind & caring citizens that have stepped in to help these cats need our support. And ultimately, our city needs a TNR program.
- Raffle tickets are available for purchase online only and shall not be sold to a person under the age of 18 years. Should the name of a minor be placed on the winning ticket, the prize(s) will not be awarded until the conditions of the Public Trustee Act are met.
- Draw will take place on the property of 2616 Marion Place SW, Edmonton, Alberta. All ticket stubs will be placed into a rotating drum and one ticket will be drawn for each prize and the winner’s information recorded.
- To be eligible for the raffle draw, payment must be received on or before August 20, 2021.
- Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded.
- Winner(s) will be notified by phone within 7 days of being drawn. If a winner cannot be located by phone, they will be notified by registered mail within 30 days of the winning ticket being drawn.
- If a winner cannot be located within 365 days of the winning ticket being drawn, an application will be made to Alberta Gaming Liquor and Cannabis Commission to have the prize awarded to Community Cats Edmonton.
- All ticket sales are final. Official tickets are sent in the mail 4 to 6 weeks after the ticket order.
- Winner(s) name(s) will be made available to the public no later than 48 hours after the final draw by website or upon request.
- The draw(s) will occur on August 25, 2021.
- In the event a winning ticket stub has more than one name on it, the prize shall be awarded to only one of the individuals identified on the ticket. Community Cats Edmonton and the Alberta Gaming Liquor and Cannabis Commission are not responsible for any disputes which may arise between the different individuals whose names appear on the ticket stub.
- If less than 50% of tickets are sold as of August 20, 2021, a draw date extension may be requested from Alberta Gaming Liquor and Cannabis Commission.