Veterans Association Food Bank - Mother's Day "SHE" Shed Raffle
In support of our Calgary and Edmonton locations the Veterans Association Food Bank is raffling off a "SHE" Shed. The shed (8'x10') is being built by Veterans at the Veterans Association Food Bank and will be delivered, assembled and outfitted at the property off the winner within 2 weeks of the draw. See details below.
The proceeds from this raffle will go towards a stairlift for our Calgary location and the purchase of a delivery vehicle for our Edmonton location.
The Veterans Association Food Bank of Calgary is holding a Mother's Day Raffle! We are raising funds that will contribute directly to our mission of enriching and supporting the lives of veteran's and veteran families. We strive to act as a safe space for Veterans to gather and find peer support. We offer general, as well as emergency assistance, for Veterans and family members of Veterans. Each month, we send out nearly 125 Food Hampers to veterans in our community who need a hand securing groceries and other necessities. By participating in our Mother's Day Raffle, you are contributing to the support and well being of our veteran community.
(Delivery will be provided within the province of Alberta, and the winner is responsible to check local bylaws regarding additional buildings on their property. An artistic representation of the shed is available on the Veterans Association Food Bank's Facebook page.)
Important Dates & Times
12:00 PMMay 31, 2021MDTDraw date
The Veterans Association Food Bank is dedicated to supporting and enriching the lives of Veterans and their families.
As a community of Veterans Helping Veterans, we will be the support base where together we create a healthy and resilient future.
- Raffle tickets are available for purchase online only and shall not be sold to a person under the age of 18 years. Should the name of a minor be placed on the winning ticket, the prize(s) will not be awarded until the conditions of the Public Trustee Act are met.
- Draw will take place on the property of 820 28 Street NE, Calgary, Alberta. All ticket stubs will be placed into a rotating drum and one ticket will be drawn for each prize and the winner’s information recorded.
- To be eligible for the raffle draw, payment must be received on or before May 31, 2021.
- Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded.
- Winner(s) will be notified by phone within 7 days of being drawn. If a winner cannot be located by phone, they will be notified by registered mail within 30 days of the winning ticket being drawn.
- If a winner cannot be located within 365 days of the winning ticket being drawn, an application will be made to Alberta Gaming Liquor and Cannabis Commission to have the prize awarded to Veterans Association Food Bank.
- All ticket sales are final. Official tickets are sent in the mail 4 to 6 weeks after the ticket order.
- Winner(s) name(s) will be made available to the public no later than 48 hours after the final draw by website or upon request.
- The draw(s) will occur on May 31, 2021.
- In the event a winning ticket stub has more than one name on it, the prize shall be awarded to only one of the individuals identified on the ticket. Veterans Association Food Bank and the Alberta Gaming Liquor and Cannabis Commission are not responsible for any disputes which may arise between the different individuals whose names appear on the ticket stub.
- If less than 50% of tickets are sold as of May 31, 2021, a draw date extension may be requested from Alberta Gaming Liquor and Cannabis Commission.