Support the Sherwood Park Highland Gathering; a free family festival. Win an ultimate gift basket worth over $2,000.00 - Prize includes:
- $750 VIP Package for the next Highland Gathering (private tent for 4 on the competition field with refreshments and 4 ceileidh VIP tickets)
- Viking Wood Splitter Sword ($300)
- Handmade Copper Cloak Pin from Eleri Creations
- Shawl, Hat, and Scarf
- Vidal Sasson Flat Iron
- 10 Year Battery Smoke & CO Alarm
- $50 Gift Certificate from Headquarters Restaurant and Bar
- Thermos Mugs & Athletic Wear from Lexus of Edmonton
- Hand Made Leather Sporran from Artist Ken Duncan
- 12yr Quinta Ruban Port Cask Glenmorangie from Strathcona County Roadside Towing
- $100 Esso Gift Card, 2 Mugs, & 2 Hats from Imperial Oil
- Gift Certificate for 6 Pies, 2 Shepard's Pies, 1 Beef Wellington, & 1 Haggis from Celtic Kitchen
- Bagpipe Practice Chanter & Tutor Book from Long & McQuade Highlands Location
- 2 Zip up Hoodies and Robbie Burns Callenge Coin from RCMP Regimental Pipes, Drums, & Dancers of Alberta
- $50 Gift Certificate for KGW Kettlecorn
- $50 Gift Certificate for Pet Value
- Lambwool Winter scarf, Winter Wool Cap, and 2 Masks from Celtic Pipeline
- 1 Bottle of Timorous Beastie Highland Whisky from Crossroads Liquor
Important Dates & Times
07:00 PMJanuary 25, 2021MDTDraw date
We are a diverse group of volunteers who love Celtic traditions and are looking to fill a need in the community for an annual highland gathering. Our objective is:
“to promote closer ties in the community through the use of Celtic music, dance, and traditions; to foster and promote community and create a family friendly event for all to enjoy.”
The Highland Gathering is an outdoor event held at Broadmoor Lake in the heart of Sherwood Park ensuring easy access for all. The event consists of piping and drumming competitions, massed band performances, highland dance competitions, and Scottish heavy games. There will also be children’s activities, food trucks, local craft beer gardens, community market, and a family Ceilidh.
- Raffle tickets are available for purchase online only and shall not be sold to a person under the age of 18 years. Should the name of a minor be placed on the winning ticket, the prize(s) will not be awarded until the conditions of the Public Trustee Act are met.
- Draw will take place on the property of 91, Lambert Crescent, St. Albert, Alberta. All ticket stubs will be placed into a rotating drum and one ticket will be drawn for each prize and the winner’s information recorded.
- To be eligible for the raffle draw, payment must be received on or before January 26, 2021.
- Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded.
- Winner(s) will be notified by phone within 7 days of being drawn. If a winner cannot be located by phone, they will be notified by registered mail within 30 days of the winning ticket being drawn.
- If a winner cannot be located within 365 days of the winning ticket being drawn, an application will be made to Alberta Gaming Liquor and Cannabis Commission to have the prize awarded to Strathcona Highland Society.
- All ticket sales are final. Official tickets are sent in the mail 4 to 6 weeks after the ticket order.
- Winner(s) name(s) will be made available to the public no later than 48 hours after the final draw by website or upon request.
- The draw(s) will occur on January 26, 2021.
- In the event a winning ticket stub has more than one name on it, the prize shall be awarded to only one of the individuals identified on the ticket. Strathcona Highland Society and the Alberta Gaming Liquor and Cannabis Commission are not responsible for any disputes which may arise between the different individuals whose names appear on the ticket stub.
- If less than 50% of tickets are sold as of January 26, 2021, a draw date extension may be requested from Alberta Gaming Liquor and Cannabis Commission.