Due to the recent increase in the number of COVID-19 cases and to comply with all provincial health authority orders, Alberta Fire Fighters have had to make the difficult decision to cancel their annual in-community Rooftop Campout campaigns in support of Muscular Dystrophy Canada (MDC) this year. Unfortunately, the needs of those impacted by neuromuscular disorders cannot be cancelled.
MDC is very fortunate to have Fire Fighters on the frontlines in Alberta, as well as on the frontlines for MDC clients. Since 1954 fire fighters have been ‘shaking the boot’ for MDC and Canadians impacted by neuromuscular disorders. To date, Fire Fighters have raised close to $100M to provide MDC programs and services including; replying to complex inquiries related to COVID-19, providing emotional support, supporting grants for research initiatives to find a cure, and funding essential equipment.
This year, due to COVID-19, MDC Fire Fighter revenue has seen an over 75% decrease. While they may not be able to be out in public in the usual way, Alberta Fire Fighters want to maintain the tradition of helping to fill the boot in 2021 by raising funds ‘virtually’ this year.
By purchasing your 50/50 raffle ticket today, you will be helping Fire Fighters continue over 65 years of tradition and support for those impacted by over 160 neuromuscluar disorders in Alberta.
7,493 Tickets printed. Tickets on Sale until March 31, 2021. Draw at 4pm on April 9, 2021, at 100, 16812-114 Ave. Edmonton, AB. Tickets can only be purchased within Alberta. Must be 18+ to purchase. Prize awarded will be 50% of tickets purchased.
Important Dates & Times
04:00 PMApril 09, 2021MDTDraw date
Muscular Dystrophy Canada’s mission is to enhance the lives of those impacted with neuromuscular disorders by continually working to provide ongoing support and resources while relentlessly searching for a cure through well-funded research.
- Raffle tickets are available for purchase online only and shall not be sold to a person under the age of 18 years. Should the name of a minor be placed on the winning ticket, the prize(s) will not be awarded until the conditions of the Public Trustee Act are met.
- Draw will take place on the property of Suite 100, 16812 114 Ave NW, Edmonton, Alberta. All ticket stubs will be placed into a rotating drum and one ticket will be drawn for each prize and the winner’s information recorded.
- To be eligible for the raffle draw, payment must be received on or before March 31, 2021.
- Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded.
- Winner(s) will be notified by phone within 7 days of being drawn. If a winner cannot be located by phone, they will be notified by registered mail within 30 days of the winning ticket being drawn.
- If a winner cannot be located within 365 days of the winning ticket being drawn, an application will be made to Alberta Gaming Liquor and Cannabis Commission to have the prize awarded to Muscular Dystrophy Canada.
- All ticket sales are final. Official tickets are sent in the mail 4 to 6 weeks after the ticket order.
- Winner(s) name(s) will be made available to the public no later than 48 hours after the final draw by website or upon request.
- The draw(s) will occur on April 09, 2021.
- In the event a winning ticket stub has more than one name on it, the prize shall be awarded to only one of the individuals identified on the ticket. Muscular Dystrophy Canada and the Alberta Gaming Liquor and Cannabis Commission are not responsible for any disputes which may arise between the different individuals whose names appear on the ticket stub.
- If less than 50% of tickets are sold as of March 31, 2021, a draw date extension may be requested from Alberta Gaming Liquor and Cannabis Commission.