50% to YOU. 50% to KSC. 100% worth it.
WIN UP TO $10,000 and feel good knowing you're helping swimmers reach goals and pursue their dreams.
Help our swim club fund programs that promote skills improvement and positive character development in an environment focused on fun, friendships, and support.
Draw at Killarney Pool.
Important Dates & Times
12:00 PMDecember 15, 2020MDTDraw date
For over 50 years, the Killarney Swim Club (KSC) has been home to swimmers from every level in the community, right from first year rookies to national level competitors. As a community based competitive swim club for youth of all ages, KSC delivers programs that promote skills improvement and positive character development in an environment focused on fun, friendships, and support.
Proceeds from this Raffle will be applied to the development of our up-and-coming young athletes, including some of the following: the provision of
high-calibre training camps; seminars on nutrition; sport psychology; training preparation; purchase of equipment; and, assistance with travel at competitive swim meets.
Last season was another banner year for our swimmers with athletes breaking numerous club records and qualifying for, and competing at, provincial and national meets as well as attending Olympic Trials.
Our swim club has about 220 swimmers, ranging in age from 5 to 19. The club is run almost entirely by parents who volunteer their time and
energy to ensure that our swim meets and events run with precision. Our club swims out of several facilities in Calgary, namely Repsol Sports Centre and the Killarney Aquatic Centre. We travel extensively in Alberta and all across Canada, attending various swim meets and training camps of all calibre.
As a club, we value and nurture in our athletes:
- Commitment to excellence at all levels; personal/professional, athletes/coaches
- Self-confidence, integrity, independence, respect, dedication, hard work, time management, goal setting, and sportsmanship.
- Teamwork, leadership and friendship in a positive environment.
- Desire to compete and perform towards the pursuit of individual, team and club goals.
- Fitness with an emphasis on healthy, balanced lifestyle.
- Family involvement, contributions and supportive environment.
- Raffle tickets are available for purchase online only and shall not be sold to a person under the age of 18 years. Should the name of a minor be placed on the winning ticket, the prize(s) will not be awarded until the conditions of the Public Trustee Act are met.
- Draw will take place on the property of 1919 29 Street SW, Calgary, Alberta. All ticket stubs will be placed into a rotating drum and one ticket will be drawn for each prize and the winner’s information recorded.
- To be eligible for the raffle draw, payment must be received on or before December 12, 2020.
- Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded.
- Winner(s) will be notified by phone within 7 days of being drawn. If a winner cannot be located by phone, they will be notified by registered mail within 30 days of the winning ticket being drawn.
- If a winner cannot be located within 365 days of the winning ticket being drawn, an application will be made to Alberta Gaming Liquor and Cannabis Commission to have the prize awarded to Killarney Swim Club.
- All ticket sales are final. Official tickets are sent in the mail 4 to 6 weeks after the ticket order.
- Winner(s) name(s) will be made available to the public no later than 48 hours after the final draw by website or upon request.
- The draw(s) will occur on December 15, 2020.
- In the event a winning ticket stub has more than one name on it, the prize shall be awarded to only one of the individuals identified on the ticket. Killarney Swim Club and the Alberta Gaming Liquor and Cannabis Commission are not responsible for any disputes which may arise between the different individuals whose names appear on the ticket stub.
- If less than 50% of tickets are sold as of December 12, 2020, a draw date extension may be requested from Alberta Gaming Liquor and Cannabis Commission.
KSC 50/50 Raffle Thank You
Thank you for supporting the Killarney Swim Club's 50/50 Raffle fundraiser. The winning ticket number is A-7ICO-67910004. Congratulations to Teri, who won $4,540! Happy holidays and stay safe, Tania Thompson Fundraising Chair