With Christmas right around the corner wouldn't it be great to have a bit more cash to make all those Christmas gift purchases easier? One way is by buying 50/50 tickets in support of the Greek Orthodox Community of Edmonton and District Society. You cannot win if you don't buy a ticket. With each ticket purchased, you will help with the purchase of a new heating system for St. George's Greek Orthodox Church and the Greek Orthodox Community Centre. The Centre houses numerous Greek organizations and programs including the St. George's Greek Language School, Greek folk dance programs, men's and women's Greek fraternal organizations, Met Youth, Philoptochos Womens' Organization, as well as other community user groups. Your support will be greatly appreciated!
MERRY CHRISTMAS HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE!
Important Dates & Times
12:00 PMDecember 12, 2021MDTDraw date
The Greek Orthodox Community of Edmonton was established in 1946 to serve the cultural, religious, linguistic, philanthropic and youth needs of the Greek community of Edmonton. The Society operates the Greek Orthodox Community of Edmonton Centre on 124 Street which includes Edmonton's only church dedicated to Greek-Canadians living in northern Alberta and spaces for the St. George's Greek Language School and other Greek organizations operating in the City of Edmonton.
- Raffle tickets are available for purchase online only and shall not be sold to a person under the age of 18 years. Should the name of a minor be placed on the winning ticket, the prize(s) will not be awarded until the conditions of the Public Trustee Act are met.
- Draw will take place on the property of 10831-124 Street, Edmonton, Alberta. All ticket stubs will be placed into a rotating drum and one ticket will be drawn for each prize and the winner’s information recorded.
- To be eligible for the raffle draw, payment must be received on or before December 11, 2021.
- Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded.
- Winner(s) will be notified by phone within 7 days of being drawn. If a winner cannot be located by phone, they will be notified by registered mail within 30 days of the winning ticket being drawn.
- If a winner cannot be located within 365 days of the winning ticket being drawn, an application will be made to Alberta Gaming Liquor and Cannabis Commission to have the prize awarded to Greek Orthodox Community of Edmonton and District.
- All ticket sales are final. Official tickets are sent in the mail 4 to 6 weeks after the ticket order.
- Winner(s) name(s) will be made available to the public no later than 48 hours after the final draw by website or upon request.
- The draw(s) will occur on December 12, 2021.
- In the event a winning ticket stub has more than one name on it, the prize shall be awarded to only one of the individuals identified on the ticket. Greek Orthodox Community of Edmonton and District and the Alberta Gaming Liquor and Cannabis Commission are not responsible for any disputes which may arise between the different individuals whose names appear on the ticket stub.
- If less than 50% of tickets are sold as of December 11, 2021, a draw date extension may be requested from Alberta Gaming Liquor and Cannabis Commission.